His Excellency, Umaru Tanko Al-makura, Governor of Nasarawa State has, in a cabinet reshuffle, dropped the following Commissioners and Special Advisers:
a. Dropped Hon. Commissioners:
1. Hon. Abdulhamid Yakubu Kwarra Ministry of Environment & Solid Minerals
2. Barr. Gabriel Ortan Aka’aka Ministry of Water Resources & Rural Dev.
3. Hon. (Mrs.) Mary E. Enwongulu Ministry of Women Affairs & Social Dev.
4. Mr. Bamaiyi Anangba Ministry of Youth and Sports Development
5. Dr. Daniel Iya Ministry of Health
6. Yusuf Shehu Usman, mni Ministry of Information, Culture & Tourism
7. Sonny Agassi Ministry of Lands & Physical Planning
8. Engr. Mohammed Wada Yahaya Ministry of Works, Housing & Transport
9. Hon. Tanko Abdullahi Zubair Ministry of Commerce, Industry & Cooperative
b. Retained Hon. Commissioners:
1. Ayuba Dogara Ayinajeh Ministry of Finance & Economic Development
2. Barr. Abdulkarim A. Kana, Ph.D Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice
3. Aliyu Ahmed Tijjani Ministry of Education
4. Haruna Iliya Osegba Ministry for Local Government & Chieftaincy Affairs
5. Prof. Jonathan M. Ayuba Ministry of Special Education, Science & Technology
6. Muhammad Jamil Zakari Ministry of Agriculture
c. Dropped Special Advisers:
1. Hajarat Ibrahim Danyaro Gender Relations, Rehabilitation & Disability
2. Ado Dauda Mohammed Community Based Relations/Conflict Resolution & Management
This is to enable the affected officers/persons to focus on their intentions to contest elective offices in 2019 and for others to pursue their respective professional/career goals.
The Governor has further approved the redeployment of the Hon. Commissioner, Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources (Muhammad Jamil Zakari) to the Ministry of Information, Culture and Tourism, while the erstwhile Special Adviser on Security, Gen. Mohammed Adeka is to handle the Community Base Relations, Conflict Resolutions and Management portfolio. The exercises are with immediate effect.
Meanwhile, His Excellency, the Governor, on behalf of the Government and people of Nasarawa State, wishes to profoundly thank the outgoing Honourable Commissioners and Special Advisers for the services rendered to Nasarawa State and also wishes them success in their future endeavours.
MOHAMMED HASSAN ABDULLAHI
Secretary to the Government of Nasarawa State
29th July, 2018.