Office of The Commissioner for Justice / Attorney General of Nasarawa State
Barrister Shuaibu Labaran Magaji
Attorney General and Commissioner For Justice, Nasarawa State
Barrister Shuaibu Labaran Magaji was born on 1st July 1973 in Toto town, Toto Local Government Area of Nasarawa State. He obtained his Primary School Leaving Certificate in the Defunct Toto North Primary School and also obtained his SSCE in Demonstration Secondary School Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, he enrolled as an undergraduate in the Faculty of Law Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, where he obtained his Law Degree(LLB (Hons) 2004 and Bachelor of Law (BL)-2005 after which he proceeded to the Nigeria Law School, Abuja Campus where he obtained his BL and was called to the Nigeria Bar and thereafter enrolled by the Chief Registrar of the Supreme Court as Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Nigeria. BARR also bagged his Post-Graduate Diploma in Law, and Masters Degree in Law from the same ABU Zaria, and currently, Barr Labaran Shuaibu Magaji is a PhD Student of Nasarawa State University Keffi.
Shortly after his graduation, he was in active Legal Practice with Mrs. Ultimate Chambers, Suleja before he was appointed Special Adviser to (Late) Governor Aliyu Akwe Doma on Youth Affairs and later Special Adviser on Legislative liaison. He was later appointed Director-General of Nasarawa State Bureau for Economic Empowerment and
later Director-General (Special Duties) of Government House, Lafia
During the Administration of Governor Umaru Tanko Almakura in 2015, Barr Magaji was appointed to the Member Transition Appraisal Committee to prepare a pathway for his second term in office as the Governor and thereafter
He was appointed as a Member of, the Governing Council of Nasarawa State University Keffi, the position he holds to date. He is the Council Committee Chairman Senior Staff Disciplinary Committee of the University, a Member of the Finance and General Purpose Committee, and a member Appointment and Promotion of Senior Staff of the University.
Barr. Magaji is a Federal Prosecutor in the Chambers of the Honourable Attorney General
of the Federation and Minister of Justice and a member of Nigeria’s Complex Casework Group (CCG) specially trained by the British High Commission with specialization in the
prosecution of terrorism cases and other cases of a complex nature.
Barr Labaran Magaji sat as a Co-Chair of the Global Counter-terrorism Forum as one of Nigeria’s leading Experts in the Prosecution of terrorism cases and other cases of complex nature.
He is an alumnus of the Africa Center For Strategic Studies in Washington DC and a two-term Legal Adviser of the Alumni Association of the Institue Nigeria Chapter. He is also currently the National Secretary of the Toto Development Association (TODA).
Barr Magaji won several awards including Head of Service
of the Federation Certificate of Commendation as well as several letters of commendation from the
Honorable Attorney General of the Federation for his outstanding performances in the diligent handling of cases on behalf of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and many other awards and recognitions which include but are not limited to the following;
- Recipient of an Award of EXCELLENT SERVICES TO HUMANITY and Ahmadu Bello University Post-Graduate Students Representative Council (ABUPSRC) Medal of Honour from Ahmadu Bello University Post-Graduate Student Representative Council on 27th July 2019.
- Recipient of an Award of the AMBASSADOR OF PEACE by Egbura National Students Association, Nasarawa State University, Keffi.
- Recipient of Law Students Association of Nigeria LAWSAN OUTSTANDING SERVICE AWARD
- AWARD OF EXCELLENCE as A BEACON OF HOPE by the National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) Zone A 2020.
- AWARD OF EXCELLENCE BY The Law Student Association of Nigeria, Nasarawa State University, Keffi, March 2020.
- AWARD OF EXCELLENCE by Ahmadu Bello University Student Representative Council, September 2020.
- SARDAUNA AWARD as an icon of Humanitarian Service by The Nasarawa State Students Association, ABU Zaria Chapter.
- AWARD OF EXCELLENCE as an achiever per excellence presented by the WEST AFRICAN STUDENTS UNION (WASU) 2020.
- SARDAUNA AWARD AS AN ICON OF HUMANITARIAN SERVICES presented by the Nasarawa State Students Association, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria Chapter.
- AWARD OF HONOUR presented by the National Association of Nigeria Students (NANS Zone C).
- Award as HOPE OF NIGERIAN STUDENTS presented by Arewa Students Forum
SIR AHMADU BELLO SARDAUNA PLATINUM LEADERSHIP AWARD AS AN ICON OF PEACE AND NATION BUILDING presented National Association of Northern Nigerian Students- 2021.